Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why Do Bad Things Happen.......To Good People?

When I first saw the story about another missing mommy, Krista Dittmeyer I honestly didn't have peace about where she could possibly be.  She was reported missing Saturday morning after a passerby found her car running and her 14-month-old daughter in the back seat. The car door was open and the hazard lights were blinking.  I thought, "There is no way she left her daughter behind like that on purpose, so this couldn't possibly have a happy ending.  Lord, I pray for Krista, that you would have mercy on her soul.  For her family that you would comfort them while they grieve.  And Lord, for her daughter, I pray that she will be brought up to know You and to love You.  In Jesus name, Amen."

Why do bad things happen to good people?

This is the question of the millennium.  I have not only heard this question many times, I have asked this question myself.  I really sought to get some understanding.  The best answer I got was that we live in a fallen world.  No one is exempt from tragedy, trauma and trials.  When I think of joy w/o pain or sunshine w/o rain, the only place that comes to my mind is.......Heaven!  This world we live in is a far cry right.  Realizing that God's ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts brings me comfort because I trust Him.  For me He is the only one that I can say that I trust 100%.

You might ask how I can trust someone that I cannot see.  It takes faith.  I have written about faith many times.  I have a history with God.  He has shown me in more ways than one that He does exist and He is in control.  He didn't say that I would not experience pain, but when I do face trials, He promised to walk with me.  I not only believe that, I know that because He has walked me through some very tough challenges.

Bad things happen to everyone and so do good things.  The question you should be asking yourself is, "Will I go to Heaven?"  That is where only "good" things happen and where you will only find "good" people.

No comments:

Post a Comment