Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Anointed

March 7, 1997
I chose Anointed Star for the name of my website because anointed means "set apart for God" and Star is the first part of my name.  I have always believed in God since I was old enough to say His name.  I grew up in a small town where I was a member of Bethel Baptist Church.  It was there where the foundation of my walk with God was laid.  I have always respected God.  I knew that He was real and I prayed and gave thanks to Him regularly.  It wasn't until I was 19 that a veil was lifted.  Before that, I was very confused about "religion" versus "relationship".  I didn't know what it meant to be a Christian and the importance of having a real relationship with God, but I never doubted His existence.  I do recall seeing Jehovah's Witness walking around town & passing out pamphlets.  I didn't know Gods word very well back then.  I knew the Lord's prayer and those words are what carried me through most of my younger years.  One day a Jehovah's Witness came to my door.  I was 18 at the time and I was living with my husband but we were not married at the time.  Our first daughter was about 5 months old.  The woman was very sweet and we talked a little about the bible, then she gave me a pamphlet before she left.  I don't recall much about the conversation, I just remember the name on the pamphlet, Watchtower.  That was one of the first times I questioned my place in my walk with the Lord.  The second time was when I was 19.  I was at a bible study at a Church of God in Christ (C.O.G.I.C.)  We were talking about different religions and I asked, "How do I know which religion is the right one?"  That's when I found out something very, very important which set the stage for my walk with God, even now.  My walk with God had "nothing" to do with "religion" at all, but a personal relationship w/God.  I also learned about the importance of marriage  and what the term "shacking up" meant.  It was considered a sin to live with someone and "play house" w/o being married.  This is how I was living at the time.  Our first daughter was almost 2 by then.  My husband and I decided to dedicate our lives to God and we were married shortly after that.  We wanted to live for God so we knew it was our first step of commitment to God and each other.  Also to our little girl, who was now sanctified through us. 

March 7, 1997 at the Heart of Reno Chapel marked the beginning of our true relationship & anointing by God.  He would grow me to become set apart for His glory.  Wow, we will be celebrating our 14th Anniversary soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment